- 1 Cloud Burger
- 1 Red Onion sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt / Pepper
- ½ oz Gorgonzola Crumbles
- 1 tbsp Red Wine Syrup - see below
- 1 Burger bun
- Burger cooking 101: Only touch a burger twice once it's on the grill. Once when you flip it and once when you take it off. Do not press on the burger, do not poke the burger, do not bother the burger. The more a burger is handled the likelihood increases in subpar performance and a dry patty.
- Brush the onion slab with oil & season with salt/pepper. Place in a hot pan or on a hot grill. Cook thoroughly until golden brown or until there are nice grill marks.
- Cook burger to desired temperature. Top it with the grilled onion slab & the gorgonzola crumbles. Slightly melt the gorgonzola crumbles. Just sweat them a bit.
- Place the burger on the bun bottom.
- Dress the burger with the red wine syrup in a tight zigzag pattern.
- Place bun top shingled off the side.
Red Wine Syrup
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Place wine & sugar in a small saucepan on medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, reduce flame to med-low.
- Reduce by half.
- Allow to cool to room temp (12 hours).
- Store in a fine tip squirty bottle.