Mushroom Swiss Burger
- 1 Cloud Burger
- ½ oz Salt / Pepper
- 1 ½ oz Mushroom Mix (see below)
- 1 ½ Tbsp Chive Crème Fraîche (see below)
- 1 oz Gruyere cheese, sliced
- 1 Brioche Burger Bun
- Burger cooking 101: Only touch a burger twice once it's on the grill. Once when you flip it and once when you take it off. Do not press on the burger, do not poke the burger, do not bother the burger. The more a burger is handled the likelihood increases in subpar performance and a dry patty.
- Season each Cloud burger evenly with salt/pepper. Place on a 350 degree grill or flattop. Once the burger begins to thaw & form juice pockets on the top, it's ready to flip.
- When the burger has been flipped, go ahead & top with the wild mushrooms & Gruyere cheese. Once the burger is cooked, place it on the bun. Top it with a healthy dollop of Chive Sour Cream.
- Put on the bun top & secure with a pick.
Wild Mushroom Mix
- 1 lb Shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, sliced
- 1 lb Crimini mushrooms, stems removed, sliced
- 1 lb Domestic mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup Oil, canola
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, fresh, minced
- ¼ cup Parsley, fresh, minced
- 1 cup Red wine
- 1 cup Chicken stock, store bought is OK
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Salt/pepper
- Measure all ingredients.
- Place canola oil in a large braising pan. Heat on medium high. When oil is hot add the shallots & garlic. Stir quickly so the garlic does not brown. After 30 seconds add all of the mushrooms.
- Continue to cook the mushrooms, allowing them to brown & release some of their juices. Once the mushrooms are fully cooked (roughly 20-30 mins) add the red wine & chicken stock.
- Allow the wine & stock to fully reduce (about 20 mins). Once reduced add in the parsley, butter, salt & pepper.
- Taste for seasoning.
Chive Crème Fraîche
Suggested portion size: 1½ Tbsp
- ¾ Cup Crème Fraîche
- 1 Tbsp Zest of lemon
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- ¼ tsp Salt/pepper
- Measure all ingredients
- Place all ingredients in mixing bowl & mix well. Place in proper container, label, place in cooler.