The 5th Sense Burger
- 1 Rochester Cloud Burger, 3:1 (item #128731)
- ½ tsp umami dust (see below)
- 1 oz Stilton Cheese
- 2 tsp Ruby Port Reduction (see below)
- 1 Brioche Bun
- 1 Tbsp Choice of Side
- Burger cooking 101: Only touch a burger twice once it's on the grill. Once when you flip it and once when you take it off. Do not press on the burger, do not poke the burger, do not bother the burger. The more a burger is handled the likelihood increases in subpar performance and a dry patty. On a 350-degree grill this burger will take approximately 3.5 minutes on the first side & 3 minutes on the 2nd side. They cook quickly!
- Season each Cloud burger evenly with salt/pepper. Place on a 350 degrees grill or flattop. Once the burger begins to thaw & form juice pockets on the top, it's ready to flip.
- When the burger is 70% done heavily sprinkle the umami powder over the burger, and then top with the Stilton cheese.
- Place the burger on the bun & drizzle with the port reduction. Serve with choice of side.
Suggested Portion Size: ½ tsp
Portions Per Batch: 35
- 6 Tbsp Bonito Flakes
- 1 oz Dried Kombu
- 1 oz Dried Shiitake Mushrooms
- Run some rice in a spice grinder to help clean out any residual flavors & debris.
- Place the bonito, shiitakes & kombu in the grinder & grind into a powder. This is your umami powder!
- Hold the umami powder in a container at room temp
Suggested Portion Size: ½ Tbsp
Portions Per Batch: 8
- 2 Cups Ruby Red Port Wine
- Place the Port Wine in a heavy-duty saucepan on a medium flame. Allow it to come to a boil.
- Put flame on medium-low & reduce the port until there's roughly ¼ cup remaining. This is your Port reduction
- Hold the port in a fine tip squeeze bottle at room temp.